View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Uriel Tiber
New Writer

Bard

Paladin of Yvemis
Awards
Beta Tester

Public#1PostSubject: A matter of the highest importance. {OPEN}   Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:44 pm

It was of the highest importance,an order given by the Cardinal himself,the withered old man dressed in crimson red robes would err his bony hands as he explained over and over on how important the cargo is....There where ten of us....Ten custodian guardsmen,men of unshakable faith and unmatched skill....Armed to the teeth with weapons of holy steel and armour that would shake even the deadliest blow.....How....It was swift and Armied fell first,our armour crumbled and blades broke as we put up our futile resistance...For all my years as a guard captain I was not prepared for this,this was no ambush but pure slaughter,one by one my men fell dead before they hit the ground....the screams....I have heard it before many times,but something was different...It was not screams of death but ones of fear....

I secured the box,hidden it against my armour....Then without hesitation I ran....Abandoned my men,hoping their deaths will buy me time,I was able to reach the edge of a hill,the river below being perhaps the best form of escape.....It is behind me....I could feel it...It cannot have it....I must not.....

I jumped off the edge,my body crashing hard against the rocks,tearing metal and bone,before the river carried me away....I felt...cold.....I was ready.....

"Hours later"

It was a calm midsummer day,the birds uninterrupted in their choir broke the deadly silence,one would spot the occasional deer whisking about in the bushes around the road,as one would cross the bridge you could spot an strange object lodged between the reeds.

Uriel was on horseback travelling on errands for the bishops of his Church,he passed the object stopping only as his horse suddenly panicked,the paladin lost control and was thrown aside into the shallow water,he cursed his horse and sat in the cool pool....Slowly regaining his thoughts.....On the corner of his eye he saw it...The twisted corpse of a familiar figure. "Why is a custodian guard here....And more importantly why is he dead." He thought as he inspected the corpse....The body was pale,the armour torn and bloodied,severe trauma,half of the guardsman's skull torn open and beriddled with flies. It held something in its hands,it appeared to be a small metallic box the size of a fist,as Uriel removed the box the corpse twitched which caused Uriel to jump. The corpse did not move again since and Uriel figured it was a muscle reaction....He dropped to his knees,his hands firm on the box as he began to pray, an servant of the church deserves his rites....An feeling of peace rolled over Uriel and as he uttered his last words he rose and fixed his eyes on the box. It was locked of course but had no keyhole....Strange....Uriel returned to his horse and continued until he reached a tavern,he ordered a hearty ale and banished himself to a corner,placing the box on the table,watching it,trying to decipher it....For some reason the box seemed to draw him in,the light of the table candle dimmed and Uriel rubbed his eyes and everything seemed normal again....It was a long journey....Fatigue plays on the mind.

Last edited by Uriel Tiber on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.essencerp.net/t49-uriel-tiber http://www.essencerp.net/t50-uriel-tiber-s-inventory
Adelinda Dietrich
New Writer

Character

• Human

Awards
None

Public#2PostSubject: Re: A matter of the highest importance. {OPEN}   Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:34 pm

The doors to the tavern flew open as Adelinda walked in sword rested on her waist and lance on her back. She pulled down the fabric hood revealing a white helmet. The armoured figure took a brief look around the room before walking towards the bar and speaking to the barmaid. A few words later and Adelinda had a room arranged, food for her horse and a meal to eat while waiting for day to rise. Travelling late at night was not something Adelinda liked mostly due to the fact it was a time of thieves and of course due to tradition; her people did not like the night due to their history with ghosts and other undead. Dropping the required monetary compensation on the counter Adelinda stepped away and sat down at the nearest, and only free, seat which just so happened to be opposite to a certain religious man carrying a certain box. It seemed the heavy rain and lateness of day meant many others also sought the sanctuary offered by the tavern. As she awaited her food Andronika would stare curiously at Uriel and the box he held.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.essencerp.net/t79-drachen-geist-konig-finished#140
Uriel Tiber
New Writer

Bard

Paladin of Yvemis
Awards
Beta Tester

Public#3PostSubject: Re: A matter of the highest importance. {OPEN}   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:27 am

The pitter patter of raindrops would not disturb the loud conversations of the local peasantry,talking about the latest crop,rumors surrounding the farmlands,talks of the city to profane jokes regarding the female form.Some would glance a look towards Adelinda the strange armoured woman who seemed much different from the occasional soldier from Arcadia or a travelling paladin like Uriel,their conversations turned to whispers as they wondered who she is.

Uriel kept a gaze on the box placing it on the table next to the candle,it was then Uriel realized he was thirsty,he did not notice that it had begun raining..strange...He motioned for the barmaid to bring him an ale.He noticed the new arrival opposite him and realized it was an foreigner,the design of her armour unfamiliar to the ones commonly used in Vallos even by the Dwarves...She a..strange fixation....One usually carried by the nobility,however lacking the smug that they carried...and far too armoured to be some rich kid looking for adventure.  

The simple patter of rain grew in intensity causing drops of icy water to drip between the cracks of the tavern roof,despite the miserable condition outside the vigor of the tavern occupants grew,some breaking out into drunken slurs of old songs taken in a almost offensive tone,laughter,merryment...all of this filled the atmosphere of the tavern to the point it dulled the sound of the rain.The barmaid arrived her warm smile banishing the cold the table had,she gave Uriel his ale and dropped a warm pot of mushroom soup for Adelinda before the freckled barmaid returned to the counter to collect the next round of orders. Uriel then made his move and opened conversation with the strange traveller.

"Not from around here are you miss?" He asked adverting his gaze to and from the fist-sized box at random intervals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.essencerp.net/t49-uriel-tiber http://www.essencerp.net/t50-uriel-tiber-s-inventory
Sponsored content

Public#4PostSubject: Re: A matter of the highest importance. {OPEN}   

Back to top Go down

A matter of the highest importance. {OPEN}
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1